Parker SensoNODE ™ products are a series of wireless sensors developed for real-time advanced condition monitoring and diagnostics using your mobile device or computer. SensoNODE Blue and Gold sensors are a part of IoT-enabled solutions that create opportunities for reducing downtime, avoiding dangerous situations, maintaining production levels through the elimination of bottlenecks, and improving quality. They provide measurements on pressure, humidity, flow, temperature, vibration, current, and flexible displacement and are compatible with your existing sensors with a 4-20 output. Each sensor is responsible for certain measurement with some exceptions, so you could install one or combine multiple sensors to get the information tailored to your needs. There have multiple success stories of SensoNODE helping industrial users and manufacturers predict their maintenance needs (and prevent unscheduled downtime).
Parker SensoNODE Blue
Parker's SensoNODE Blue is a Bluetooth enabled wireless sensor that works with the SCOUT Mobile app. It is perfect for quick, short-term and accurate route-based onsite monitoring. Key features include in-use alarms, options to export, share and record data. SensoNODE Blue is compact, lightweight and easy to install. The fastest measurement rate is 1 second. The sensor does not require a network or external power source and is sealed to be used in harsh environments. The SCOUT app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices, and the readings can be viewable on multiple devices in broadcast mode.
Parker SensoNODE Gold
SensoNODE Gold and SCOUT™ Cloud/Edge provide wireless continuous remote monitoring and ensure data is accessible anywhere, anytime as long as you have your desktop/laptop, browser, and the Internet. You will need a local server and software license from Parker to use the SCOUT Edge/SensoNODE Gold or subscription to Parker’s Cloud service to use SCOUT Cloud/ SensoNODE Gold. SensoNODE Gold sensor gives you options to set up alert notifications (text, email, in-system), in-use alarms, export and share data, and view historical data. It’s viewable on multiple devices. The fastest measurement rate for SCOUT Edge and SensoNODE Gold is 750 milliseconds, for SCOUT Cloud and SensoNODE Gold it’s 20 seconds.
SensoNODE humidity sensors measure 0% to 100% relative humidity and are ideal for both ambient and inert compressed gas monitoring applications. Humidity sensors monitor in-line and ambient humidity levels, allowing users to track gradual trends of increased facility humidity and better diagnose in-line humidity issues. Other applications include:
- Injection molding, where increased humidity in storage containers and the process lines can add moisture to the resin and changes the resin’s properties, which prevent it from molding properly.
- Metal forming and fabrication, where moisture can cause corrosion and rust, increased dew point in compressed air lines and increased wear of moving parts.
- Power Generation, where excessive moisture threatens the turbine’s gearbox with corrosion, reduced efficiency and breakdown.
SensoNODE pressure sensors are designed for accurate monitoring to alert users to any pressure drop and allow workers to diagnose issues early, which minimizes downtime, waste and rework. The sensors are compatible with a wide range of applications in a number of markets, including:
- Injection molding, where insufficient pressure can lead to partially filled molds, batch inconsistencies and trapped air or moisture.
- Metal forming and fabrication, where incorrect pressure levels for hydraulically or pneumatically driven tools and assets can lead to overload or failure, overworked assets, and decreased operational efficiency.
- Mobile equipment, where incorrect pressure levels for hydraulic lines can lead to overload or failure, overworked assets and decreased operational efficiency.
- Power Generation, where increased plant fuel consumption and/or reduced output can be telltale signs of compromised integrity of rotary components or turbine structural damage. Sensors can identify turbine issues by monitoring pressures changes in systems such as hydraulic lift pumps, power units, and cylinders, diverter damper controls and nitrogen generators.
- Welding and Industrial Gas, where sudden drops in pressure can lead to multiple issue with efficiency and cost including costly production interruptions, asset operation faults and tank depletion.
SensoNODE temperature sensors monitor ambient temperatures, diagnose in-line temperature issues and track real-time data on the end user’s mobile device. The sensors
- Injection molding, where temperature inconsistencies can lead to part deformity, stress cracks and increased scrap, insufficient pressure can lead to partially filled molds, batch inconsistencies and trapped air or moisture.
- Metal forming and fabrication, where inconsistencies in asset temperatures can have damaging effects that reduce precision and contribute to long-term damage.
- Mobile equipment, where inconsistencies in machinery temperatures can have damaging effects, including overheating, breakdown and long-term damage.
- Power Generation, where turbines overheat and operate inefficiently so sensors can identify when turbine filters and/or oil needs replacement based on temperature changes in hydraulic lift pumps, diverter damper controls and hydraulic power units.
- Welding and Industrial Gas, where temperatures outside optimal operating conditions can leads to inefficient operation, asset damage and even potentially dangerous situations.
For more information, get assistance from one of our product specialists or call 508-351-1850 to learn how SensoNODE sensors can benefit your business.